Biogas plant – environmentally friendly biogas production
Biogas is one of the key renewable sources of energy next to solar and wind. A biogas plant uses sustainable raw and energy-rich waste materials that are available at a regional level, to produce biogas in an environmentally responsible and CO2 neutral way. Biogas utilises the natural energy in organic matter.
How is biogas produced?
Biogas plants can process solid manure and slurry, but they mainly handle energy-rich vegetation, such as grass silage, maize and sugar beet. In addition, organic residues, such as grass cuttings, biowaste or by-products from food processing can be fermented.
Biomass is degraded in digesters by means of special bacteria under the exclusion of oxygen. As part of this process, the bacteria produce roughly two thirds methane, as well as carbon dioxide, nitrogen and small amounts of other gases. The methane can be used as fuel in CHP modules, where it generates power and heat.
If the biogas is scrubbed, it can also be fed into the gas mains to supply decentralised CHP modules with biogas. One cubic metre of methane has a net calorific value of approximately 10 kWh. The fermented plant residues can be reused in agriculture as a high grade fertiliser.
The major benefits of biogas are:
- Biogas supplies power, heat, cooling and gas in one
- Biogas is available 24/7, all year round and can be stored
- Biogas is independent of the weather and can, therefore, be made available on demand
- Processed biogas can be used in all vehicles converted to natural gas without problems, and it can be stored in tanks and transported in bottles or pipelines
Biogas plant for dry fermentation
Biogas plant for wet fermentation
Biogas plant for upgrading gas
Everything from a single source
Our core business concerns the development and construction of biogas plants for the production and economic use of biogas. We are not only one of the leading suppliers of biogas plants in Germany, but also one of the few comprehensive suppliers in our sector. Next to building plants, we also offer services covering engineering and development, as well as service and system management.
Biogas plants will only operate efficiently and economically if their technology and microbiology are perfectly matched to each other. Consequently, we follow the maxim "Everything from a single source". To safeguard a high level of plant availability, our customers are supported by a competent team of specialists, covering engineering, permits, process technology, biology and plant construction.
Our services around biogas
- Engineering and planning
- Plant construction and commissioning (wet and dry fermentation)
- Service and operational management
- Biogas upgrading and injecting into the natural gas mains
- Services covering technical and micro-biological aspects
- Harvest logistics and raw material management