Vitovalor 300-P subsidies

Heating with a fuel cell is very environmentally responsible and can make a significant contribution to the energy transition. This is due in no small part to the main source of energy, hydrogen. The German government has therefore made record levels of subsidies available to support investment in a fuel cell such as the Vitovalor 300-P.

Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS): Small installations

A ‘small installation’ is solar photovoltaic (solar PV) and wind installations with a Declared Net Capacity (DNC) of 50kW or less - you can find the DNC of your installation on your MCS certificate or by speaking to your installer - and all micro combined heat and power (CHP) installations. It may help you to know that the average home-scale PV installation is 4kW. If the capacity of your installation is more than 50kW, please go to our large installations page.

Additional ofgem scheme details can be found here.

How do I apply?

You will need a Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) certification (or equivalent) if you want to receive FIT payments. For solar PV installations you will also need an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rated D or above and issued before you commission your installation to receive the highest FIT tariffs.

To apply, follow these steps:

1. Commission your installation

You must use an MCS-certified installer using MCS-certified equipment. Your installer will register your installation on the central MCS database and give you an MCS certificate.

2. Submit an application to your chosen energy supplier (we call this your FIT Licensee)

A full list of FIT licensees is available on our website.

3. Claim your FIT payments

Once your energy supplier accredits your application, they will make the FIT payments to you once a quarter.

What tariff will I receive?

The number of new installations that can receive support under the FIT scheme each month is capped – we call these deployment caps. Applications for small installations are queued by the date and time the MCS certificate was first issued.

The latest FIT queue information is available here.

The latest FIT tariff rates are available here.

Need help?

Your initial point of contact is the Energy Saving Trust. For England and Wales, please contact The Energy Saving Advice Service free on 0300 123 1234. For Scotland, please contact Home Energy Scotland free on 0808 808 2282.

If you would like more information on applying for FIT accreditation for a small installation, please see our small installations webpage or contact your energy supplier.

*All information and details published have been compiled with care. Nevertheless, no guarantee can be given that they are accurate or complete. The applicable laws, ordinances and directives are the only authoritative source – legally binding information is available from the institutions mentioned in each case. There is no legal entitlement to subsidies. Exceptions may arise from statutory regulations. Moreover, grants are always subject to the limits of available budgets from the respective granting agency.